Ten Tips for Successful Real Estate Blogging
Do you have a real estate blog? Are you making the most of it? Only 7% of Realtors actively maintain real estate blogs. In order to make your real estate blog work for you, Andy MacDonald from bloggintips.com offers the following tips:
1. Be Real - Knowing and understanding you and your audience are extremely important aspects of successful blogging. Know who you are as a blogger, have a consistent voice, know what you are blogging about and know who your audience will be.
2. Be Passionate – “Passion breeds passion.” You should enjoy what you are blogging about. Blog about things that you truly enjoy. Be true to your “voice.”
3. Write Often - Writing frequently isn’t just good for your blog, it is the absolute key requirement to your real estate blogs success. Update your blog often. This is critical for both search engines and your readers. Search engines love fresh content and will revisit and rank your site more often if it is consistently updated.
4. Link Lots - Andy MacDonald from www.bloggintips.com refers to links as the “currency of the blogosphere.” Links carry an inherent value and show your readers what interest you. Typically, bloggers link either because they are interested in the subject matter or because they respect the blogger to whom they are linking.
5. Leave Comments on Other Blogs – Blogging is all about building an online community. Creating a community of interest is critical to successful blogging for real estate business. As with other business, your online real estate blog community will consist of a mixture of existing bloggers, new sources, influential industry leaders, employees, partners, suppliers and your current, past and future customers.
6. Have Fun – You should have fun when you blog. If you don’t look forward to blogging, you need to re-evaluate your content. While blogging is serious business and will significantly change the way your business is presented to the online world and how your clients view and relate to you, it is also about enjoying what you do – so, have fun!
7. Push the Envelope – Be creative and ask yourself “what can I do different to make my blog posts stand out?” Find exciting ways to make your blog stand out. Podcasting and Video Blogging where created by someone just like you – looking for new ways to express themselves online.
8. Ping – Pings are used to produce lists of the most recently updated blogs for services like Technorati and PubSub, which in turn the blogosphere stays connected. Your blog software should do this automatically. However, you can use ping-backs to reference your own, or other, blog postings that you reference in your posts.
9. Use Feeds - Regardless of how you provide them – it is important to provide people feeds to read your content on their own schedules. Google FeedBurner via various widgets can be used to provide e-mail drips of your blog feed in a simple, low-hassle, easy-tech way that allows site visitors to register.
10. Create Meaningful Titles - Your blog titles should be catchy, attractive and make the reader want to read the entire post. They are essential to gaining more traffic, links and optimized search engine placement for relevant key words. Make certain that you titles, post content and tags are all working together and they will work for you.